Capturing our Coast Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree, please do not use the site.
Wildlife records and personal data
- When you use this website, you create and upload content – for instance, wildlife observations, photos of nature, your descriptions of it, and messages to the forums. By putting this information on the site, you are saying that:
- The content is yours, or you have the permission of the owner to agree this usage, and
- You agree that the content can be used on this site, and
- You agree that your wildlife observations can be made publically available for wider use.
- Wildlife observations collected through this site will be stored securely at the Biological Records Centre and made available to experts for verification.
- Verified observations will be made available by the NBN Gateway. Capturing our Coast data will be collated alongside other data and made available via the NBN Gateway by the relevant national recording scheme. If you do not want your observations to be made available in this way, please do not submit them.
- Once verified records have been made available, their use will be governed by the NBN Gateway Terms and Conditions, e.g. use of the data for commercial purposes will not be allowed without written permission from the organisation administering the dataset.
- Please do not submit records to this site that have already been submitted to a Vice County Recorder, Local Records Centre, National Recording Scheme or another online wildlife recording system.
- Having submitted a record to this site, please do not submit it to other organisations or online recording schemes. It will be made available to local record centres, conservation organisations, natural history societies and others with legitimate interest in the data via the NBN Gateway.
- You may view wildlife records submitted to this website by other users, but you may not store them, republish them, exploit them for commercial or academic research purposes, or pass them on to any third party.
- Your contact details will be held in a database at the Biological Records Centre and will only be used to contact you if there is a query about the verification of your wildlife observations.
- Your contact details will not be passed to any third parties without your permission.
- Your name will be stored as part of the record and may be made publically available via the NBN Gateway along with the species name, date and location of the record.
- If you submit a record of a species that could be vulnerable to disturbance or persecution if the record is made publically available, the record will be flagged as ‘sensitive’ and will not be made publically available.
General Terms and Conditions
- You agree to indemnify Capturing our Coast against any and all claims by third parties arising out of your use of this site in violation of these Legal Terms and Conditions of Use.
- You should assume that everything you read or see on this site is copyrighted or otherwise protected and owned by Capturing our Coast or some third party who licensed to Capturing our Coast the right to such material. Unless otherwise expressly noted, nothing that you read or see on this site may be copied or used except as provided in these Legal Terms and Conditions of Use or with the prior written approval of Capturing our Coast. You may not: use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); remove any copyright, or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to other person or “mirror” the materials on any other server. We make no warranties or representations to you that your use of any materials displayed on the site will not infringe the rights of third parties.
- All materials on this site, including all files, images, text, software, and data, are the property of Capturing our Coast. These materials are licensed to you for your personal, non-commercial use. You may download, print, or view these materials on your personal computer, provided you do not delete or change any of the information, including copyright and trademark notices. You may not modify, reverse-engineer, disassemble, dedistribute, republish, upload, or re-use any of the text, graphics, or other materials on the site without Capturing our Coast’s prior written permission.
- The site may provide links and pointers to internet sites maintained by others (“third party sites”). Capturing our Coast has not reviewed all of the third party sites linked to the site and is not responsible for the content of or any products or services offered in such third party sites.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all logos, names, designs and marks on the site are trademarks or service marks owned or used under license by Capturing our Coast. The use or misuse of any of these marks or other information is strictly prohibited.
- Capturing our Coast may modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice to you. Capturing our Coast may terminate this agreement at any time, without notice to you, if it believes, in its sole judgement, that you have breached or may breach any term or condition of this agreement or it may terminate this agreement for its convenience. You may terminate this agreement at any time by destroying all materials received from the site and ceasing to use the site.
- These Legal Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by English Law.
- Our failure to strictly enforce any right against you shall not constitute a waiver thereof. If any provision of these Legal Terms and Conditions of Use is deemed invalid, illegal, or unenforceable such provision will be deemed amended to conform to the applicable laws and the remainder of the Legal Terms and Conditions of Use shall remain in full force and effect. This represents the full understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.