I hope you've all enjoyed a fantastic summer. We've been busy planning our Autumn events, which is resulting in a busy, fun-packed calendar of activities! Check out the MCS Hub Calendar for our new events including:
- Marine Invaders campaign - An exciting new campaign looking for non-native species on our shores. Events running between 8th - 11th September and onwards
- Great British Beach Clean - As always, the third weekend in September (15th - 18th) is MCS's Great British Beach Clean which is set to be bigger and better than ever this year with a fantastic new partnership with Waitrose. There are numerous beach cleans happening during that weekend and throughout the year in our region and across the country. Visit www.mcsuk.org/beachwatch/events for further information
- Our next round of Seaweeds vs Limpets surveys will be carried out during September / October continuing to quantify seaweeds and count and measure limpets
- Micro Lives experiment will continue bi-monthly alongside crab and mollusc egg surveys
- Training, Field Support Days & Social Events
- The long awaited return of #Spermwatch!
Finally, I wanted to pass on a HUGE thank you to all of you who registered and took part in MCS's Plastic Challenge this year as we completely smashed all previous records. A total of 5035 people joined in, with a whopping 804 CoCoasters taking part - WOW! Our MCS Ambassador, Simon Reeve, had this to say: "Over FIVE THOUSAND of you went head to head with single-use plastic whilst speaking up about how ridiculously dependent we've become on the stuff. If you've started using less single-use plastic please keep going - let's build this movement to make our seas cleaner and safer."
Way to go CoCoasters and thank you for your support!